These General Conditions are intended to establish the terms and conditions governing the provision of services by the company Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda., headquartered at Rua de Santana, nº 40, 9600-166 Rabo de Peixe, Ribeira Grande, registered at the Commercial Registry Office of Ponta Delgada (“Conservatória do Registo Comercial de Ponta Delgada”), with the corporate number 512099391.
1. These General Conditions govern the terms under which the services are offered to customers. Any Particular Conditions of a particular service prevail over these Conditions and, over both Conditions, others expressly stipulated in writing between Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda. and the customer. When purchasing a service, the customer accepts all the terms and conditions established.
2. Payment terms may vary according to the service provided. In the absence of specific conditions, the general conditions apply, under which the customer must pay 50% of the total price of the accommodation at the time of booking and the remaining 7 days before check-in.
2.1. If the reservation is made less than 7 days before the check-in date, the total price will be paid at the time of booking.
2.2. A reservation can be canceled by Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda. if there are payments not made by the customer under the conditions described above.
3. Cancellation of a confirmed reservation between 30 and 7 days before the start of the service implies the retention of 50% of the reservation value to cover administration expenses. The remainder will be refunded to the customer.
3.1. If the cancellation is communicated less than 7 days before the start of the service, there is no refund. In addition, once the stay has started, the customer is not entitled to any refund for unused services.
3.2. If the cancellation is communicated more than 30 days before the start of the service, the amount already paid will be refunded in full, deducting any transaction costs that have to be borne by Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda.
4. A Value Added Tax is included in the price of the service.
5. Whenever there are reasons that justify it, the accommodation unit may be replaced by another of the same or higher category, by means of a written agreement with the customer and with no increase in the price paid by the customer.
6. If unforeseen circumstances force Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda to cancel a reservation without the Client having breached its duties, or if the client does not accept a change to his reservation within the scope of the provisions of number 5 of these Conditions, the Customer will be entitled to a full refund of the amounts paid.
7. There is no charge for a child up to 2 years old, as long as they stay in the same accommodation unit as the adults responsible for them. A child aged 2 to 5 years old staying in an extra bed is charged at a lower rate than the extra bed for older guests. The client must, however, always inform Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda. about the inclusion of children in their reservation. The acceptance of the reservation may be subject to the number of cribs and/or extra beds available, as well as the space available in the accommodation unit.
7.1. It is the customer's responsibility to inform the number of people (adults and children) who will occupy the accommodation unit. If more people show up than those booked, entry may be refused without refund.
8. Check-in time is at 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is at 11:00 a.m. Exceptions may be allowed, as long as they do not affect other bookings and/or the cleaning/housekeeping work of the accommodation unit.
9. Meals - Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda. offers PAC accommodation, but does not provide meals.
10. Pets are not accepted except guide dogs.
11. The customer is obliged to indemnify Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda. for any damages caused to the accommodation unit and/or its support facilities, as well as all damages arising from the breach of the duties provided for in these general conditions, including, in particular, fees of lawyers and court costs.
12. Before check-in, the customer can pay for the services via bank transfer, Credit Card, Multibanco reference and Payshop, as well as other methods specific to other countries via HiPay. After check-in you can pay for services in cash.
13. Quinta dos Peixes Falantes, Lda. reserves the right to change these General Conditions at any time.
14. In the event of a consumer dispute, the consumer may use the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform, available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr or alternative consumer dispute resolution entities.
CNIACC - Centro Nacional de Informação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo (“National Center for Information and Arbitration of Consumer Disputes”)
Without prejudice to the duty to consult the Consumer Portal https://www.consumidor.gov.pt/en
Information in accordance with article 18 of Law No. 144/2015, of 8 September.
15. For the resolution, by judicial means, of all disputes arising from this contract, namely those concerning the interpretation, execution, non-compliance, invalidity, resolution or reduction, in which it was not possible to reach an amicable solution, the competence of the Comarca de Ponta Delgada, with express waiver of any other.